Baby Swede with Bacon and Soured Cream Topping
1 pack swedes
4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
142 ml carton soured cream
1 tbsp finely sliced fresh chives
1/2 tsp finely grated lime zest
Freshly ground black pepper
- Chop and cook the swedes following preferred method of cooking
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon rashers under a preheated hot grill/broiler until crisp on both sides. Allow to cool.
- Finely dice the bacon and stir into the soured cream with the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- When the swedes are cooked, slice down the middle and fill with the soured cream and bacon mixture.
- Eat with the flesh of the swede discarding the skin.