Swede and Parsnip Soup
This simple soup makes a hearty meal on a winter’s day. You can experiment by adding herbs and spices of your choice.
2-3 medium carrots
1 litre vegetable stock
- Peel the swede with a potato peeler. Chop it into 1/2 in cubes.
- Scrub the carrots and chop.
- Peel the onion and chop.
- Scrub the parsnip and chop.
- Bring the stock to the boil and add the vegetables. Simmer for 20 minutes until the swede chunks are soft.
- Add any herbs and spices of your choice.
- Liquidise (if desired) and serve with crusty bread.
For a more filling version, top each bowl with about 30g grated hard cheese (such as Cheddar) and some toasted seeds and nuts.